FTX court filing reveals former Alameda CEO’s $2.5M yacht purchase


FTX Debtors have disclosed a sequence of monetary statements revealing transactions that benefited firm executives shortly earlier than the foremost cryptocurrency alternate’s collapse in November 2022.

In a current courtroom filing with america Chapter Courtroom for the District of Delaware, a number of funds that straight benefited senior firm executives at FTX and Alameda Analysis have been disclosed. Particularly, funds or property transfers executed inside one 12 months previous the collapse of FTX.

Nonetheless, FTX Debtors state that there are not any ensures of the information’s absolute accuracy or completeness and disclaim any legal responsibility for errors or omissions.

In March 2022, a transaction of $2.51 million was directed from the corporate to the American Yacht Group, benefiting former Alameda Analysis co-CEO Sam Trabucco.

Just some months after this transaction, Trabucco confirmed possession of a ship whereas informing his followers about his resignation in an August 2022 tweet. In response to his tweet, Caroline Ellison, Alameda’s former co-CEO alongside Trabucco, expressed her hope that he enjoys extra time on his boat.

The submitting additionally famous Bankman-Fried’s and FTX co-founder Gary Wang’s buy of Robinhood shares in April 2022, totaling $35,185,242. They continued their acquisitions of Robinhood in Could 2022, spending an extra $19.45 million. It discloses that Bankman-Fired held a 90% share possession, with Wang proudly owning the remaining 10% via their firm, Emergent Constancy Applied sciences.

Nonetheless, in January, the U.S. Division of Justice seized the shares belonging to Bankman-Fried and Wang.

On August 31, Cointelegraph reported that Robinhood has repurchased all shares beforehand owned by FTX and Alameda Analysis.

Robinhood revealed in a press release that it has accomplished the acquisition of 55,273,469 shares for roughly $606 million. Following the acquisition announcement, Robinhood’s chief monetary officer Jason Warnick expressed the corporate’s satisfaction with the end result:

“We’re blissful to have accomplished the acquisition of those shares and stay up for executing on our progress plans on behalf of our clients and shareholders.”

In the meantime, a number of money funds have been disclosed to executives together with Bankman-Fried and Wang, in addition to FTX director of engineering Nishad Singh, former FTX chief advertising and marketing officer Darren Wong, and former FTX chief working officer Constance Wang, all inside the twelve months previous to the collapse.

Nonetheless, it notes that the disclosures solely pertain to fiat forex and the extent to which crypto transactions could possibly be traced. “Responses to this query don’t at the moment embrace all transfers of cryptocurrency, different digital belongings or different belongings,” it acknowledged.

Leave a reply